March’s theme on Writing is Communication is things to be thankful for. What better things to be thankful for then things that make you happy and give you joy? With that in mind, today’s post is inspired by the question: Name five moments when you were ecstatically happy?
For me, five moments that made me ecstatically happy were:
- When my husband proposed all those years ago. We had been dating for about 4 years and living together for around 3 of those years. It was our anniversary and we had gone out for dinner and returned home. I felt fairly positive that there was a proposal coming as part of our anniversary celebration and I wasn’t wrong. He had correctly chosen to wait until we got home knowing that I am not one for public displays… Now I am not going to get into the whole story other than to say I still tease him because he placed a pillow in front of my face to hide the fact that he was kneeling down to propose, I of course said yes and here we are after 11 ½ years of marriage!
- Getting accepted to go to Depot and become an RCMP. So many opportunities seemed to be opening up and this one offered some great adventures.
- The birth of my first son. Although my first son was born at 28 weeks and 1 day, very premature, I was immediately in love with this tiny little person (I have a post scheduled about this for my month that is themed Memoirs and Life Stories). Every day he showed us how strong he was and how lucky we were to have him. He still does that to this day.
- The birth of my second son. I am truly lucky to be the mother of boys! My second son has provided laughter and challenges very different from my first son. I bought a shirt for him last year that read, “Just Being Me” and that sums him up in such a wonderful way.
- The first time a piece of my writing was accepted for publication. Writing has always been a hobby and becoming a published author has always been a dream/goal.
Of course, every moment I get to spend as quality time with my family makes me over the moon happy. So, those are my moments. How about you, what are five moments that make/made you ecstatically happy? You can add to the comment section below or write a post and share your link in the comment section.
By Shari Marshall – 2019