What are 5 words you would use to describe your summer or summers? Why?
Here are 5 words with reasoning that I would use to mark my summers:
1. Adventure: As a child summer was something that was often marked by a group of different friends then the ones I went to school with. So that in itself was part of the adventure because this was a group of friends I hadn’t seen in a year and who knew what that would mean for how we changed and how the group dynamic had changed? Adventure is the word because as that summer sun beat down on our young selves we were either actively involved in some adventure or we were brewing up what our next adventure would be. Now, as an adult, summer is adventure because of the kids and what we do with our summer holidays.
2. Memories: So many great memories have been and continue to be forged from the adventures of summer.
3. Music: So many of the adventures and memories are accompanied by music.
4. Nostalgia: “a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations” (Google search of Nostalgia retrieved July 7, 2019). I think that the definition says it all.
5. Family/Friends: Adventure and memory wouldn’t be without family and friends.
By Shari Marshall -2019