- There are over 200 species of squirrels from the small African pygmy squirrel (10 cm long) to the Indian giant squirrel (3 feet long) and everything in between.
- Scientific Name: Sciuridae
- Squirrels can fall from 30 meters high, without hurting themselves.
- A squirrel’s front teeth never stop growing.
- Squirrels zigzag to escape from predators.
- Squirrels can jump a distance of up to 20 feet
- Flying squirrels have flaps of skin that create drag, like jumping with a parachute, and it allows them to glide.
- Squirrels are born blind.
- Squirrels are one of the few mammals that can sprint down a tree head-first.
Would you rather have front teeth that never stop growing or skin folds that enable you to glide?
By Shari Marshall – 2020
** Feeling inspired? The rules are simple. Use this image as a prompt to create a post and share by posting your link in the comment section below. **